Midshipman and Vineyard Haven, the two leading juveniles of 2008, are both making excellent progress in Dubai and are nearing their 3-year-old debuts, said Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford, who added that it's possible one of them will return to the U.S. to prep for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Following their final breeze at Keeneland on Saturday, Godolphin's precious cargo of 2-year-olds will depart for Dubai on Monday, Dec. 15, assistant trainer Rick Mettee said.
Terrain got the best of a messy stretch run in the $200,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) when he was elevated from a third-place finish to victory following a rare double disqualification at Arlington Park Sept. 13.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, all looking to take a giant step for their connections, are entered in the $200,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) at Arlington Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers