Heir Kitty overtook 4-5 favorite Sweet Lulu in the final furlong to post a 13-1 upset in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) on opening day at Santa Anita Park Dec. 26 for Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens.
More than six months after pledging a thorough investigation into the death of jockey Jorge Herrera, the California Horse Racing Board released a summary of its findings Jan. 10.
In the aftermath of a jockey's death as the result of a massive brain injury July 5 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, Calif., management has agreed to staff its track ambulance with a licensed paramedic.
Jockey Jorge Herrera was killed when he was thrown from his mount in the eighth race July 5 at the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton, Calif., a racing official confirmed.
Apprentice jockey Jorge Herrera, who has been at Legacy Emmanuel Hospital since a spill Monday afternoon, is improving, according to doctors.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- KHRC, Churchill Outline Testing, Security
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset