When he enters the gate May 20 at Pimlico Race Course for the Preakness Stakes (G1), just how well Conquest Mo Money can run will be put to its toughest test.
As activity picked up at the Pimlico Race Course stakes barn May 16, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) winner Always Dreaming went out earlier than normal for his daily exercise.
- By Jeremy Balan
- Thoroughbred Racing, Triple Crown, Midwest Region, Southwest Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Conquest Mo Money's odyssey across the country via truck and trailer will continue May 13.
New Mexico's hopes for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1)—for now, at least—appear to run through Judge Lanier Racing's Conquest Mo Money.
Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Southview Ag's Toccetive quietly made history of his own at Northlands Park Aug. 25, taking the 83rd running of the $200,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) by half a length.
Former trainer David Cross Jr., who won the 1983 Kentucky Derby with Sunny's Halo, will launch a new career as a jockey agent at Hollywood Park next week with apprentice Jorge Carreno.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double