Veteran Southern California trainer Leonard Dorfman, whose stakes winners included 16-time winner Joni U. Bar, died Feb. 15 at the home of his daughter in Round Rock Texas, at age 92.
McCann's Mojave, a multiple graded stakes winner of more than $1.5 million, was euthanized due to colic Oct. 11, said Santa Anita Park publicity director Mike Willman, owner of the California-bred son of Memo.
The millionaire McCann's Mojave captured the first graded race contested on Golden Gate Field's new Tapeta Footings main track, fighting back along the inside in deep stretch to win the $150,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 17.
McCann's Mojave could have a bright future after the promising sophomore colt ran his unbeaten record to three, prevailing by a head in a $66,080 allowance race at one mile on the dirt at Santa Anita Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby