Veteran Southern California trainer Leonard Dorfman, whose stakes winners included 16-time winner Joni U. Bar, died Feb. 15 at the home of his daughter in Round Rock Texas, at age 92.
McCann's Mojave, a multiple graded stakes winner of more than $1.5 million, was euthanized due to colic Oct. 11, said Santa Anita Park publicity director Mike Willman, owner of the California-bred son of Memo.
The millionaire McCann's Mojave captured the first graded race contested on Golden Gate Field's new Tapeta Footings main track, fighting back along the inside in deep stretch to win the $150,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 17.
McCann's Mojave could have a bright future after the promising sophomore colt ran his unbeaten record to three, prevailing by a head in a $66,080 allowance race at one mile on the dirt at Santa Anita Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend