Gentildonna captured the $2.3 million Oka Sho (Jpn-I), Japan's version of the One Thousand Guineas, when she came from off the pace to score by a half-length at Hanshin Racecourse April 8.
Orfevre, winner of Japan's Triple Crown, fell one vote short of being a unanimous choice for the Japan Racing Association's Horse of the Year title for 2011.
Joie de Vivre, half sister to multiple grade I winner Buena Vista, claimed her first grade I title in the $1.5 million Hanshin Juvenile Fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements