Ashado will be bred this year to Street Sense's sire, Street Cry.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
When champion filly Ashado is offered for sale during the 2005 Keeneland November Mixed Sale by Taylor Made Sales Agency, a portion of the proceeds of the sale will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Ashado, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, rebounded nicely from her worst career defeat with a game triumph Saturday in the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park and will now move on to attempt to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), which she won last year.
Purge, a multiple New York graded stakes winner, will enter stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'