Ashado will be bred this year to Street Sense's sire, Street Cry.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
When champion filly Ashado is offered for sale during the 2005 Keeneland November Mixed Sale by Taylor Made Sales Agency, a portion of the proceeds of the sale will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Ashado, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, rebounded nicely from her worst career defeat with a game triumph Saturday in the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park and will now move on to attempt to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), which she won last year.
Purge, a multiple New York graded stakes winner, will enter stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- New York Regulators Act on Drug Testing, Records Rules