Ashado will be bred this year to Street Sense's sire, Street Cry.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
When champion filly Ashado is offered for sale during the 2005 Keeneland November Mixed Sale by Taylor Made Sales Agency, a portion of the proceeds of the sale will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Ashado, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, rebounded nicely from her worst career defeat with a game triumph Saturday in the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park and will now move on to attempt to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), which she won last year.
Purge, a multiple New York graded stakes winner, will enter stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win