Ashado will be bred this year to Street Sense's sire, Street Cry.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
When champion filly Ashado is offered for sale during the 2005 Keeneland November Mixed Sale by Taylor Made Sales Agency, a portion of the proceeds of the sale will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Ashado, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, rebounded nicely from her worst career defeat with a game triumph Saturday in the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park and will now move on to attempt to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), which she won last year.
Purge, a multiple New York graded stakes winner, will enter stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones