Ashado will be bred this year to Street Sense's sire, Street Cry.
Undefeated Mo Cuishle won her graded stakes debut Sunday for trainer Todd Pletcher, crushing five rivals in the $200,000 Monmouth Park Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) for 3-year-od fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
When champion filly Ashado is offered for sale during the 2005 Keeneland November Mixed Sale by Taylor Made Sales Agency, a portion of the proceeds of the sale will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Ashado, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, rebounded nicely from her worst career defeat with a game triumph Saturday in the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park and will now move on to attempt to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), which she won last year.
Purge, a multiple New York graded stakes winner, will enter stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up