Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher confirm that their star filly, Devil May Care, will be entered only in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and not cross-entered in the Oaks (gr. I).
Eskendereya, favored for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not run in the May 1 classic due to a slight filling in his left front leg, according to Todd Pletcher.
Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher are still unsure whether Devil May Care will run in the Oaks or Derby after her 1:00 1/5 drill Saturday morning in the slop at Churchill Downs
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules