Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher confirm that their star filly, Devil May Care, will be entered only in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and not cross-entered in the Oaks (gr. I).
Eskendereya, favored for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not run in the May 1 classic due to a slight filling in his left front leg, according to Todd Pletcher.
Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher are still unsure whether Devil May Care will run in the Oaks or Derby after her 1:00 1/5 drill Saturday morning in the slop at Churchill Downs
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination