Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher confirm that their star filly, Devil May Care, will be entered only in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and not cross-entered in the Oaks (gr. I).
Eskendereya, favored for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not run in the May 1 classic due to a slight filling in his left front leg, according to Todd Pletcher.
Johnny Greathouse and trainer Todd Pletcher are still unsure whether Devil May Care will run in the Oaks or Derby after her 1:00 1/5 drill Saturday morning in the slop at Churchill Downs
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup