Beating the light rain that began to fall at Belmont Park June 3, Todd Pletcher worked both his Belmont Stakes (gr. I) hopefuls, Destin and Stradivari, on the training track.
The annual Jockeys' Guild Assembly will be held Jan. 27-28, 2014, at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla.
Making her case as the best 3-year-old filly in the nation, Devil May Care dispatched five overmatched rivals in the Betfair TVG Coaching Club American Oaks, easily drawing away in the stretch for her third grade I victory
Kodiak Kowboy scored the first grade I victory of his career and became a millionaire in dramatic fashion, rallying late to edge the front-running Fabulous Strike by a head in the $300,000 Carter Handicap April 4 at Aqueduct in New York. It was the eighth win in 17 career races for Kodiak Kowboy, who was Canada's champion 2-year-old male in 2007.
Jockey John Velazquez was transported to the trauma unit at the University of Kentucky Medical Center Oct. 3 with injuries suffered when his mount fell in the seventh race at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work