Beating the light rain that began to fall at Belmont Park June 3, Todd Pletcher worked both his Belmont Stakes (gr. I) hopefuls, Destin and Stradivari, on the training track.
The annual Jockeys' Guild Assembly will be held Jan. 27-28, 2014, at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla.
Making her case as the best 3-year-old filly in the nation, Devil May Care dispatched five overmatched rivals in the Betfair TVG Coaching Club American Oaks, easily drawing away in the stretch for her third grade I victory
Kodiak Kowboy scored the first grade I victory of his career and became a millionaire in dramatic fashion, rallying late to edge the front-running Fabulous Strike by a head in the $300,000 Carter Handicap April 4 at Aqueduct in New York. It was the eighth win in 17 career races for Kodiak Kowboy, who was Canada's champion 2-year-old male in 2007.
Jockey John Velazquez was transported to the trauma unit at the University of Kentucky Medical Center Oct. 3 with injuries suffered when his mount fell in the seventh race at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz