Leinan sat off the swift early pace of favored Mechaya before launching a smart rally for jockey Luis Contreras to take the $155,236 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 11 at Woodbine.
Gainesway Farm has purchased a significant interest in the sire Hat Trick from Walmac Farm and Hat Trick's partners.
Twice the Appeal, disqualified in his prior start, made the most of a second chance when he collared Astrology near mid-stretch en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) in New Mexico.
Successful Appeal, who is represented by nine stakes winners this year, will stand the 2010 season for $17,500 at John T.L. Jones III's Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Prominent stallion Miswaki died Dec. 17 at John T. L. Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac Farm near Lexington, Ky. due to the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury