The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will enshrine four people and one horse Oct. 29 at Retama Park in Selma, Texas.
The Lexington Foundation hosted its second annual Fall Wine Celebration Oct. 13. Held at the Red Mile's Floral Hall in Lexington, the black tie event began with cocktails and a silent auction, followed by dinner and a live auction. It raised more than $700,000 for cancer research, education, and care.
Miswaki, who has sired 96 stakes winners and is broodmare sire of 106 stakes winners, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington because of his advanced age and declining fertility.
Country music superstar Toby Keith's undefeated homebred Cactus Ridge will enter stud in 2004 at John T.L. Jones' Walmac International. The son of Hennessy will stand for $6,500.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa