The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
The Ontario government is extending its support of the Horse Improvement Program into 2015 with up to $30 million for the breeding industry in the province, it was announced June 15.
Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty announced Oct. 15 that he will be stepping down as leader of the province and will also prorogue the government until a new leader for the Liberal party can be named.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31