The Ontario government-commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel has released an initial draft of a long-term plan for the province's horse racing industry for consultation.
The Ontario government is extending its support of the Horse Improvement Program into 2015 with up to $30 million for the breeding industry in the province, it was announced June 15.
Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty announced Oct. 15 that he will be stepping down as leader of the province and will also prorogue the government until a new leader for the Liberal party can be named.
Most Popular Stories
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired