Glorious Days, in his first start since June, came running down the middle of the track to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) by three-quarters of a length over Gold-Fun Dec. 8 at Sha Tin.
Sight Winner became the first horse to qualify for this year's Breeders Cup Mile (gr. IT) following his shocking victory over Egyptian Ra in the HK$12 million Champions Mile (HK-I) at soggy Sha Tin Race Course April 26.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club will have a full debrief with the starting team and stipendiary stewards in the wake of a series of late scratches at the barrier at Sha Tin Jan. 4 that cost the club more than $HK60 million in refunded bets.
Good Ba Ba, a four-time group I winner this season, was crowned horse of the year as well as the champion miler and most popular horse of the year at the Hong Kong Jockey Club Champion Awards presentation ceremony July 1.
Douglas Whyte aimed for a record and stole a title in a remarkable night of action at Happy Valley Racecourse Dec. 5, with an adoring public roaring their approval for the new Cathay Pacific International Jockeys Championship hero.
River Dancer, a 58-1 shot from Hong Kong, won the $1.79 million Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on Sunday by three-quarters of a length in front of 40,000 stunned spectators at Sha Tin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break