Russell Baze, racing's winningest jockey, tops a list of 15 horse people and Thoroughbreds nominated for election to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame's class of 2012.
Two top fillies are out of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Padua Stables' Vindication, champion 2-year-old of 2002 and early favorite for the Kentucky Derby, has been taken off the Derby trail due to an injury to his left front suspensory.
The Nov. 1994 death of Canadian owner and breeder John Sikura Sr. has been confirmed as accidental following a review of the case by the Chief Coroner of Ontario. Sikura, 60, died on his way back from a restaurant when he fell asleep behind the wheel of his car in his driveway. The car subsequently burst into flames, Sikura died of smoke inhalation, and General Motors settled a product-liability suit with the Sikura family.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record