Claiborne Farm stallion Parading celebrated his first win as a sire June 21 when Raise the Hoof won a maiden claiming test at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Undefeated 2-year-old filly So Many Ways will not travel to California to run in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park, owner Maggi Moss announced Sept. 26.
One race after Rick Dutrow won the James Marvin Stakes (gr. III) on July 20, his brother Tony Dutrow sent 5-2 favorite So Many Ways to victory in the 94th running of the $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. II).
So Many Ways became the first winner by grade II winner Sightseeing when she won by eight lengths at Parx Racing,
Local hope My Pal Charlie put it all together in the $515,000 Super Derby (gr. II) with his first stakes victory for owner B. Wayne Hughes and trainer Albert Stall Jr. Sept. 20 at Louisiana Downs in Bossier City.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen