Claiborne Farm stallion Parading celebrated his first win as a sire June 21 when Raise the Hoof won a maiden claiming test at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Undefeated 2-year-old filly So Many Ways will not travel to California to run in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park, owner Maggi Moss announced Sept. 26.
One race after Rick Dutrow won the James Marvin Stakes (gr. III) on July 20, his brother Tony Dutrow sent 5-2 favorite So Many Ways to victory in the 94th running of the $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. II).
So Many Ways became the first winner by grade II winner Sightseeing when she won by eight lengths at Parx Racing,
Local hope My Pal Charlie put it all together in the $515,000 Super Derby (gr. II) with his first stakes victory for owner B. Wayne Hughes and trainer Albert Stall Jr. Sept. 20 at Louisiana Downs in Bossier City.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining