Jersey Town, a grade I-winning miler by leading sire Speightstown, sired his first reported foal when a filly was born Jan. 10 at Pennland Farm in Paris, Ky.
With seven 3-year-old fillies contending in mid-stretch, Maggi Moss' So Many Ways proved best late to win the $177,150 Eight Belles Stakes May 3 at Churchill Downs.
Sam Gordon has been elected to his sixth one-year term as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Sam Gordon was elected March 24 to serve his fifth term as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Five people were elected to the 15-member Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association in the organization's 2009 election.
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Buddha is a filly born Jan. 17 at John Penn's Pennston Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom