Jersey Town, a grade I-winning miler by leading sire Speightstown, sired his first reported foal when a filly was born Jan. 10 at Pennland Farm in Paris, Ky.
With seven 3-year-old fillies contending in mid-stretch, Maggi Moss' So Many Ways proved best late to win the $177,150 Eight Belles Stakes May 3 at Churchill Downs.
Sam Gordon has been elected to his sixth one-year term as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Sam Gordon was elected March 24 to serve his fifth term as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Five people were elected to the 15-member Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association in the organization's 2009 election.
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Buddha is a filly born Jan. 17 at John Penn's Pennston Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud