Jersey Town, a grade I-winning miler by leading sire Speightstown, sired his first reported foal when a filly was born Jan. 10 at Pennland Farm in Paris, Ky.
With seven 3-year-old fillies contending in mid-stretch, Maggi Moss' So Many Ways proved best late to win the $177,150 Eight Belles Stakes May 3 at Churchill Downs.
Sam Gordon has been elected to his sixth one-year term as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Sam Gordon was elected March 24 to serve his fifth term as president of the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Five people were elected to the 15-member Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association in the organization's 2009 election.
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Buddha is a filly born Jan. 17 at John Penn's Pennston Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly