The U.S. and European breeding operations of American billionaire John Malone dominated the top of the market on opening day of the Arqana December breeding stock sale Dec. 5.
French classic winner and prominent sire Soviet Star died Oct. 7 at Ballylinch Stud in Ireland. He was 30.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
Wizz Kid came with a storming late run to win the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Lonchamp (Fr-I) on Oct. 7, denying favorite Mayson in the opening Thoroughbred race on the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) card.
Beat Hollow, a French champion and a three-time grade I winner in the United States, will stand in 2012 at Ballylinch Stud (John O'Connor, managing director) in Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
Dream Ahead, who beat Goldikova in the Qatar Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) Oct. 2 in what was his final start, has been retired for stallion duty in 2012 at Ballylinch Stud near Thomastown, Ireland.
Team Valor International's Miss Singhsix closed from last place to post a hard fought victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Mike Tirico to Host NBC's Prime BC Coverage
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud