Eight horses sold for six figures at the Tattersalls July mixed sale, which ended its three-day run July 12 with advances for all major indicators and an 86.4% clearance rate that signified strong demand.
Jockey Jeremy Rose's decision to remain at Delaware Park for most of Saturday afternoon paid off when he rode Trickle of Gold to victory in the $75,000 Sweet and Sassy Stakes for fillies and mares at six furlongs.
Grade II winner Dream Run has arrived at Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y., where he will stand the 2004 season for $5,000 live foal.
John Murphy's Dream Run, fourth in last month's Florida Derby (gr. I), has been installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite after drawing post 5 for Saturday's Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Sportsman's Park.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop