Joe Mulholland Jr. is a throwback to the days of homegrown Kentucky horsemen. He works tirelessly on the family farm with his siblings and father to produce top-quality Thoroughbreds.
Ventana returned to his winning ways, as the 5-year-old finally did May 21 at Pimlico Race Course when he outdueled longshot Immortal Eyes to score the $100,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III).
Grade I winner Imaginary Lady, an 18-year-old daughter of Marfa, was euthanized July 16 after being found in the field at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington with a fractured leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs