Something Extra took nine rivals gate to wire April 4 in the Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT), breaking through for a victory in his third attempt in the $125,000 turf sprint at Keeneland.
Favored Something Extra proved a popular front-running winner of the Highlander Stakes (Can-IIT) July 6 on the Woodbine turf course, defeating champion Canadian sprinter Phil's Dream with Eurico Rosa Da Silva aboard.
Heavily favored Something Extra successfully defended his title in the $195,371 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIT) with a resilient front-running effort May 26 on the Woodbine turf.
Outsider Something Extra sped to the front and was never headed as he recorded his initial stakes victory in the $149,821 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 27.
Simply Splendid remained perfect in two starts on the turf this season, courageously holding off Miss Keller in the final yards to win the $300,400 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) by a half-length June 5 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- California Chrome Will Skip Lockinge Stakes
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Able Friend One to Beat in Champions Mile
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 28, 2015
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart