Something Extra took nine rivals gate to wire April 4 in the Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT), breaking through for a victory in his third attempt in the $125,000 turf sprint at Keeneland.
Favored Something Extra proved a popular front-running winner of the Highlander Stakes (Can-IIT) July 6 on the Woodbine turf course, defeating champion Canadian sprinter Phil's Dream with Eurico Rosa Da Silva aboard.
Heavily favored Something Extra successfully defended his title in the $195,371 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIT) with a resilient front-running effort May 26 on the Woodbine turf.
Outsider Something Extra sped to the front and was never headed as he recorded his initial stakes victory in the $149,821 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 27.
Simply Splendid remained perfect in two starts on the turf this season, courageously holding off Miss Keller in the final yards to win the $300,400 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) by a half-length June 5 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees