A colt by Tapit brought a final bid of $1.2 million to lead the early action Aug. 10 during the first session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Bridlewood Farm owners and philanthropists John and Leslie Malone have committed a record $42.5 million to Colorado State University to develop regenerative medical therapies for animals and people.
Bridlewood Farm owner John Malone has completed a deal to purchase Ballylinch Stud in County Kilkenny, Ireland, from the Mahony family's Killeen Group Holdings.
Grade I winner Egg Drop, in foal to leading sire Tapit, brought a final bid of $1.9 million from Bridlewood Farm during the Nov. 4 first session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
John and Leslie Malone seek to revitalize historic Bridlewood Farm. Download Now
Grade I winner Cost of Freedom, claimed for $8,000 at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 21, appears headed for retirement as he nears the ripe old age of 11.
The Malone Family Foundation, led by media magnate and philanthropist John C. Malone, has donated $6 million to Colorado State University's Orthopaedic Research Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Boban Prevails in Spirited Memsie Finish
- HKJC's Promotes Harding to Executive Post
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England