Reneesgotzip gave trainer Peter Miller every reason to be confident heading into the Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) Aug. 18 at Del Mar, and his speedy 4-year-old filly showed why with a 4 1/4-length romp in record time.
Dual grade I winner Executiveprivilege made her long-awaited 3-year-old debut July 18 at Del Mar, but she was no match for speedster Reneesgotzip in a salty allowance test on the main track.
Reddam Racing's 2012 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) winner Handsome Mike took the $175,000 Commonwealth Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland April 13, earning his first victory for trainer Doug O'Neill since that upset score at Parx.
Last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winning connections will try to recreate some more magic in the blue grass when Zillah Reddam's Renee's Titan starts in the Beaumont Stakes at Keeneland.
Racing last of seven 3-year-old fillies through a half-mile, Renee's Titan launched a sustained rally along the rail to stun champion Beholder in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) on Jan. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
J. Paul Reddam's Handsome Mike staged a Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) shocker at Parx Racing Sept. 22, taking the $1 million event at odds of 19-1.
Reneesgotzip, an impressive first-out maiden winner one month ago, sped to the front and never looked back while romping to a 7 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 15.
A War Front colt sold for $250,000 topped the May 10 Barretts sale of 2-year-olds in training, which saw stable numbers when compared with the same auction one year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts