Owner West Point Thoroughbreds said Twilight Eclipse, who once sold at auction for $1,000 but reached racing's heights, has been retired from racing.
West Point Thoroughbreds' favored Twilight Eclipse likely punched his ticket to Dubai with an impressive victory in the $200,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 15 at Gulfstream Park.
Twilight Eclipse ruined the return of favored Newsdad while establishing a new world record for 1 1/2 miles on turf in the $150,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) March 23 at Gulfstream Park.
Apprentice jockey Marcelino Torres earned his first career win Feb. 11 with just his second mount when he guided Luckie Chuckie from off the pace to win Turfway Park's fifth race by 5 3/4 lengths for trainer Byron Hughes.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night