The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks