The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares