The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law