Grade III winner Orhtodox has been retired and will enter stud in 2011 at Lora Pitre's Peach Lane Farms near Opelousas, La.
Joel Rosario was cleared by California stewards Dec. 13 of charges that he failed to put forth his best effort in a race at Del Mar in September.
A hearing into charges from the California Horse Racing Board that jockey Joel Rosario "did not put forward his best effort" in a race this summer at Del Mar is set to resume Dec. 3.
Jockey Joel Rosario is scheduled to appear before stewards next week to answer a California Horse Racing Board complaint that he failed "to put forth his best effort" in a ride at Del Mar on Sept. 6.
Transduction Gold will face his stiffest competition ever in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
Five contenders for next weekend's Breeders' Cup World Championships turned in their final works Oct. 21 at Keeneland.
Kim Glenney's homebred Kim Loves Bucky, with Shane Sellers riding, overcame pacesetting Quest Star in the stretch and held off closing Rochester to capture Saturday's $112,000 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Front-running The Tin Man is the 123-pound high weight for the $400,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap at 1 1/2 mile at Hollywood Park Saturday.
For the second consecutive year, Kim Loves Bucky has won the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. The 6-year-old gelding completed the 1 1/2-mile turf distance in 2:29.39, with Man From Wicklow a half-length back in second, and Williams News a nose behind for third.
A full gate of 10 horses, including trainer Bobby Frankel's Blue Stellar and Dance Dreamer, appears certain for Sunday's running of the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles over the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap