Favored Fifty Proof, Canada's champion older male of 2011, returned from 16-month layoff to take the $127,321 Sir Barton Stakes in front-running style at Woodbine Dec. 2.
Fifty Proof, idle since a second-place effort in the Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in July 2011, returns to action in the $125,000 Sir Barton Stakes Dec. 3 at Woodbine.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- McCarron: Clarification