Favored Fifty Proof, Canada's champion older male of 2011, returned from 16-month layoff to take the $127,321 Sir Barton Stakes in front-running style at Woodbine Dec. 2.
Fifty Proof, idle since a second-place effort in the Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in July 2011, returns to action in the $125,000 Sir Barton Stakes Dec. 3 at Woodbine.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview