The New York Gaming Commission's board Nov. 1 rejected a hearing officer's recommendation to drop a suspension order against Thoroughbred jockey Luis Saez for a "careless riding" incident and demanded a new examination into the matter.
New York regulators March 23 said they want to hold a forum to consider the future use of anti-bleeding medication furosemide in the state.
New York racing regulators raised the prospects of imposing new transparency standards on stewards, including possibly publicly releasing videos that are used by officials in decisions affecting the outcome of a race.
More than a year after it was created by law, the New York Gaming Commission is getting closer to having board members in place who can fully run the new agency.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm