John Chan, chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club reviewed the organization's highlights of the 2007-2008 season at its annual general meeting Sept. 4.
The chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club said tax rates and regulations need to be reviewed in order for the racing entity to compete at a time of great change.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges has been appointed chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club and will take over from Lawrence Wong Feb. 1, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law