John and Susan Moore's Smokey Glacken will go for her third straight win in Saturday's 52nd running of the $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at six furlongs at Aqueduct.
John and Susan Moore, who raced grade II winner Regal Sanction, have donated the 6-year-old son of Regal Classic to a foundation they established to help raise money for equine charities.
John and Susan Moore's Iron Deputy, winner of the Count Fleet Stakes, has been taken off the Kentucky Derby trail after a slight fracture was discovered in his cannon bone. Trainer Jimmy Jerkens said the injury was sustained during the running of the Count Fleet.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup