John and Susan Moore's Smokey Glacken will go for her third straight win in Saturday's 52nd running of the $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at six furlongs at Aqueduct.
John and Susan Moore, who raced grade II winner Regal Sanction, have donated the 6-year-old son of Regal Classic to a foundation they established to help raise money for equine charities.
John and Susan Moore's Iron Deputy, winner of the Count Fleet Stakes, has been taken off the Kentucky Derby trail after a slight fracture was discovered in his cannon bone. Trainer Jimmy Jerkens said the injury was sustained during the running of the Count Fleet.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm