John and Susan Moore's Smokey Glacken will go for her third straight win in Saturday's 52nd running of the $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at six furlongs at Aqueduct.
John and Susan Moore, who raced grade II winner Regal Sanction, have donated the 6-year-old son of Regal Classic to a foundation they established to help raise money for equine charities.
John and Susan Moore's Iron Deputy, winner of the Count Fleet Stakes, has been taken off the Kentucky Derby trail after a slight fracture was discovered in his cannon bone. Trainer Jimmy Jerkens said the injury was sustained during the running of the Count Fleet.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic