Naughty Natisha, the dam of 2007 New York-bred horse of the year Naughty New Yorker, died Feb. 24 at Stepwise Farm near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Lael Stable and All In Stable's Willcox Inn narrowly defeated front-running Gallant Eagle to capture his third graded stakes win in the $150,000 Washington Park Handicap at Arlington Park Aug. 31.
Heavy choice Willcox Inn cut the final corner expertly for jockey Robby Albarado and sprinted away from his rivals in the stretch to win the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby Sponsored by TVG (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths Oct. 15.
Favored Willcox Inn's romp in the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) on the Arlington Park turf July 9 will give trainer Michael Stidham a shot at sweeping the track's Mid-America Triple for the second year in a row.
Jockey Kent Desormeaux made it back-to-back grade I wins on a soggy Arlington Park turf course when he guided Dynaforce to victory in the $750,000 Beverly D. Aug. 8.
Western Ransom and Ryan Fogelsonger got up just in time to win the $150,000 Martha Washington Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the turf at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star