Naughty Natisha, the dam of 2007 New York-bred horse of the year Naughty New Yorker, died Feb. 24 at Stepwise Farm near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Lael Stable and All In Stable's Willcox Inn narrowly defeated front-running Gallant Eagle to capture his third graded stakes win in the $150,000 Washington Park Handicap at Arlington Park Aug. 31.
Heavy choice Willcox Inn cut the final corner expertly for jockey Robby Albarado and sprinted away from his rivals in the stretch to win the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby Sponsored by TVG (gr. IIIT) by 4 1/2 lengths Oct. 15.
Favored Willcox Inn's romp in the $200,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) on the Arlington Park turf July 9 will give trainer Michael Stidham a shot at sweeping the track's Mid-America Triple for the second year in a row.
Jockey Kent Desormeaux made it back-to-back grade I wins on a soggy Arlington Park turf course when he guided Dynaforce to victory in the $750,000 Beverly D. Aug. 8.
Western Ransom and Ryan Fogelsonger got up just in time to win the $150,000 Martha Washington Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday on the turf at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out