While Comma to the Top registered his biggest win in the 2010 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), the Bwana Charlie gelding has placed in three straight graded stakes, including a clear victory in the Daytona Stakes to close out 2012
Benefiting from a patient ride, Head Heart Hoof took control leaving the turn and held off a tenacious rally by Johannesburg Smile to win the 120th renewal of the Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2.
Six older horses seek their first graded stakes score in the $150,000 Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Feb. 2, led by 120-pound highweight Mine Over Matter and the recently claimed Johannesburg Smile.
A field of nine, including the 3-year-old filly Haldane, will contest the 1 1/8-mile event in which 5-year-old Lunar Victory is the 8-5 favorite to pick up his fifth win in six 2012 starts for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott.
Haynesfield held off a game rally by Green Monster to score by a length in the $200,000 McMahon Adena Empire Classic Oct. 22, the richest race on Belmont Park's New York Showcase Day for state breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm