Taylor Made Sales Agency announced a number of personnel changes, which became effective Jan. 15, at the Nicholasville, Ky.,-based organization.
Mary Emily Marshall Taylor, 85, wife of Taylor Made Farm founder Joe Taylor and the mother of Duncan, Ben, Frank, and Mark, who now run the family business, died July 13.
Taylor Made Sales Agency will be the principal sponsor for this year's White Horse Heroes Luncheon, at which Race Track Chaplaincy of America will announce the winner of its fourth White Horse Award.
Raymond Rowley, a well known and popular bloodstock agent on both sides of the Atlantic, died June 21 after a long illness.
A Standardbred with Thoroughbred ties is among the favorites for the $1-million Hambletonian for 3-year-old trotters Aug. 7 at Meadowlands in New Jersey.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- As legacies go, few people will have one as prodigious as Joe Taylor, the master horseman and farm manager who died in a Dec. 19 automobile accident. Overshadowed by the death of Taylor was the Dec. 14 passing of Jeanne Vance, who with husband Milton J. "Laddie" Dance Jr. raced champion Lemon Drop Kid.
By James B. Keogh -- December 19, 2003, was a cold, wintry day in Central Kentucky, and a very dark day for the horse industry. It marked the death of Joseph L. Taylor, co-owner of Taylor Made Farm and former manager of Gainesway Farm.
Joe Taylor, the legendary Kentucky farm manager who literally wrote the book on how to breed and raise racehorses, was killed in a two-car accident on an ice-slickened Tates Creek Road on the south side of Lexington early Friday evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes