Officials with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and New York State Racing and Wagering Board said March 2 they are looking into loans made by Ahmed Zayat to two brothers convicted in connection with illegal bookmaking.
New York's rules governing racetrack and off-track revenue-sharing took another twist Dec. 15 as state racing regulators ordered four downstate off-track betting corporations to pay millions of dollars to Yonkers Raceway.
- By Claire Novak
Owner Andrew Berg, who races horses with partner Joseph Taub under the name Gumpster Stables, had his license revoked Oct. 21 by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board after he was indicted along with 29 other individuals and one corporation in the bust of an illegal multimillion-dollar off-shore sports betting operation.
On April 6, two days after Gato Go Win was scratched from the Bay Shore Stakes (gr.III) at Aqueduct because the horse's trainer, Jeff Mullins, was observed administrating an orally-injected substance to his horse in the detention barn, the New York State Racing and Wagering Board said the "matter is still in the hands" of the Aqueduct stewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Imagining Breaks Through for Pan Am Victory