Joe Lucas, executive vice president for the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, said that more than 150 horses perished in the tornados that hit Moore and the Oklahoma City area. That count includes all breeds.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park. By taking the top race on the 14th Oklahoma Classics night, Zee Oh Six equals Mr. Ross, becoming just the second horse to win the Classic three times.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park.
Gov. Brad Henry signed a bill Wednesday to authorize a statewide vote Nov. 2 on whether to allow pari-mutuel horse racing tracks to operate electronic gambling machines now played only at Indian casinos.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic