Joe Lucas, executive vice president for the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, said that more than 150 horses perished in the tornados that hit Moore and the Oklahoma City area. That count includes all breeds.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park. By taking the top race on the 14th Oklahoma Classics night, Zee Oh Six equals Mr. Ross, becoming just the second horse to win the Classic three times.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park.
Gov. Brad Henry signed a bill Wednesday to authorize a statewide vote Nov. 2 on whether to allow pari-mutuel horse racing tracks to operate electronic gambling machines now played only at Indian casinos.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby