Joe Lucas, executive vice president for the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, said that more than 150 horses perished in the tornados that hit Moore and the Oklahoma City area. That count includes all breeds.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park. By taking the top race on the 14th Oklahoma Classics night, Zee Oh Six equals Mr. Ross, becoming just the second horse to win the Classic three times.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park.
Gov. Brad Henry signed a bill Wednesday to authorize a statewide vote Nov. 2 on whether to allow pari-mutuel horse racing tracks to operate electronic gambling machines now played only at Indian casinos.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing