Joe Lucas, executive vice president for the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma, said that more than 150 horses perished in the tornados that hit Moore and the Oklahoma City area. That count includes all breeds.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park. By taking the top race on the 14th Oklahoma Classics night, Zee Oh Six equals Mr. Ross, becoming just the second horse to win the Classic three times.
Zee Oh Six lived up to his heavy 1-5 favorite status to win Saturday's $100,000 Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association Classic at Remington Park.
Gov. Brad Henry signed a bill Wednesday to authorize a statewide vote Nov. 2 on whether to allow pari-mutuel horse racing tracks to operate electronic gambling machines now played only at Indian casinos.
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway