The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Tattersalls Ireland has moved the breeders flat sale from its traditional date in December to November this year. The auction, which had taken place the second week of December in previous years, will be held Nov. 14 and 15. It was felt that both vendors and purchasers would benefit from moving the sale, according to Tattersalls Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner