The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Tattersalls Ireland has moved the breeders flat sale from its traditional date in December to November this year. The auction, which had taken place the second week of December in previous years, will be held Nov. 14 and 15. It was felt that both vendors and purchasers would benefit from moving the sale, according to Tattersalls Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita