The Tattersalls December foal sale posted an opening-day record for total sales, topped by a Champs Elysees colt for 160,000 guineas ($272,462 in United States funds), the highest price ever at the first session.
Tattersalls Ireland has moved the breeders flat sale from its traditional date in December to November this year. The auction, which had taken place the second week of December in previous years, will be held Nov. 14 and 15. It was felt that both vendors and purchasers would benefit from moving the sale, according to Tattersalls Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Wavell Avenue Looks for Gallant Bloom Rebound
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017