The United States Trotting Association has formed a committee to examine a proposal to use a small percentage of gaming revenue to support marketing and enhanced equine drug testing, but stopped short of endorsing the plan.
Seeking to make long-stalled legislative gains in the aftermath of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s shutdown, a number of racing interests are stepping up efforts to create a single, statewide OTB network.
A tentative deal has been reached to let the New York Racing Association and other tracks take over the advanced deposit wagering system now run by the giant New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay