Jockey Stewart Elliott, winner of the 2004 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Smarty Jones, is moving his tack to Kentucky, he confirmed March 19.
Hawthorne Race Course has hired industry veteran Allan Plever as racing secretary and director of racing operations, the Chicagoland oval announced in a release June 11.
Steve Bass, who booked mounts for nine-time leading Keeneland rider Julien Leparoux for the past seven years, will have Rosie Napravnik and Alan Garcia when the meet opens April 5.
Rene Araya, once among the top claiming trainers in New York, has retired to return to his former career as a jockey agent. Araya's new career begins again Feb. 19 when five-pound apprentice rider Catalino Martinez makes his American debut with two mounts at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Dolniya Quickens to Sheema Classic Score
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- Gold Medal Dancer Works for Apple Blossom
- Commissioner Edges 'Quisqueyano' in Skip Away
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win