The Jockey Club's 2014 Experimental Free Handicap features ties in both the male and female categories: Texas Red and champion American Pharoah top the male list and champion Take Charge Brandi and Lady Eli lead the females.
New Year's Day, the winner of last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), received the high weight of 126 pounds on The Jockey Club's 2013 Experimental Free Handicap released Jan. 29.
The Jockey Club announces Sept. 13 it has received 22,001 live foal reports through Sept. 9, down 2.2% from last year at this time. The estimated crop for 2013 is 23,500.
The Jockey Club's 2010 Online Fact Book was released March 2 on the organization's Web site at jockeyclub.com.
The Jockey Club released the Report of Mares Bred (RMB) statistics Oct. 16 for 2008 that show a continued decline in North American Thoroughbred breeding activity.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Derby Notes: Three Scheduled to Work Saturday