When veteran jockey Perry Ouzts dismounted after the sixth race at Turfway Park Friday, he had reached another milestone in his long career: his 46,000th race.
Jockey Emilio Flores rode his 2,000th winner when Nicetoseey'again won the ninth race April 17 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Gerard Melancon became the 65th North American jockey to ride 4,000 winners when he guided Doc R U It to victory in the sixth race at Delta Downs Jan. 30.
Jockey Paco Lopez scored his 1,000th career win when he rode Whitey's Gold to victory for trainer Bobby DiBona in the second race at Monmouth Park Aug. 17.
Jockey Leslie Mawing rode the 2,000th winner of his career on the Aug. 9 evening card at Emerald Downs in Washington state.
Jockey DeShawn L. Parker reached a career milestone when he won his 4,000th career victory aboard Cuban Carmen in the third race at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort May 6.
Louisiana-based jockey Don Simington recorded career win 3,000 Jan. 19 when Madam Dream won the second race at Delta Downs.
Veteran rider Perry Ouzts, 56, earned career win number 5,600 at Turfway Park on March 18 when he rode Joe Six Pack, a 10-year-old gelding, to victory in the fourth race.
Jockey Manoel Cruz, 39, rode his 2,000th North American career winner May 24 at Calder Race Course when he guided J C Stable's 4-year-old gelding Catch Rikki to victory in the seventh race for trainer Larry Pilotti.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Duo Chitu, Bayern in Derby Works
- New Marketing Platform for Challenge Races
- Derby Contender Tapiture Breezes at Churchill
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%