New York-based sire Utopia has been purchased by Turkish bloodstock agent Tarik Tekce on behalf of Serdar Kemal Ozcolak, who will stand him in Turkey.
Turkey-based stallion Divine Light died May 12 at Adana Seyhan Covering Station due to complications from a lipoma tumor being coiled around his intestines. The son of Sunday Silence--Meld Sport, by Northern Taste, was 19.
Turkish bloodstock agent Tarik Tekce has purchased multiple graded stakes winner Zanjero on behalf of local owner/breeder Serdar Kemal Ozcolak.
After Market, a 10-year-old son of Storm Cat, has been purchased by the partnership of Hakan Yuceturk and Hakan Sabri Ozcan of Instanbul, Turkey.
By Kingmambo, Okawango is the sire of 124 winners and his runners have earned $7,168,149 as reported through Oct. 25. One of his top runners is Steele Tango, a group III winner in England.
Strike the Gold, the 1991 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner who stands at stud in Turkey, sired his second winner of the Turkish Oaks (Tur-I) when his daughter Balcibin captured the 1 5/16-mile turf race.
Omer Faruk Girgin has been voted president of the Jockey Club of Turkey for a two-year term beginning Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'