The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine announced that students Lauren Duffee and Emma Gorenberg were each awarded a $6,000 scholarship from the Thoroughbred Education and Research Foundation.
A $3 million gift from Roy and Gretchen Jackson, owners of Barbaro, will endow a chair in the name of Dr. Dean Richardson at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary Medicine. The funds will be used toward the advancement of equine disease research.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale