The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine announced that students Lauren Duffee and Emma Gorenberg were each awarded a $6,000 scholarship from the Thoroughbred Education and Research Foundation.
A $3 million gift from Roy and Gretchen Jackson, owners of Barbaro, will endow a chair in the name of Dr. Dean Richardson at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Veterinary Medicine. The funds will be used toward the advancement of equine disease research.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses