Interpol was the longest shot on the board but the first at the wire in the $200,000 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine, earning his first graded victory in his second attempt at that level Aug. 16.
Pacific Ocean, bursting to the lead from his rail post, overpowered his rivals for the first graded stakes tally of his career in the Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 26.
Rated Fiesty smoked the field in 1:09.27 and remained unbeaten in three starts when she wired the field in Satuday's $100,000 Debutante (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs, during the Louisville track's final weekend of spring racing.
A talented field of 2-year-olds, headed by D's Bertando and Buddy Gil, is shaping up for Saturday's $75,000-added Gold Rush Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms