Interpol was the longest shot on the board but the first at the wire in the $200,000 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine, earning his first graded victory in his second attempt at that level Aug. 16.
Pacific Ocean, bursting to the lead from his rail post, overpowered his rivals for the first graded stakes tally of his career in the Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 26.
Rated Fiesty smoked the field in 1:09.27 and remained unbeaten in three starts when she wired the field in Satuday's $100,000 Debutante (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs, during the Louisville track's final weekend of spring racing.
A talented field of 2-year-olds, headed by D's Bertando and Buddy Gil, is shaping up for Saturday's $75,000-added Gold Rush Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses