Rooney family farm in Maryland has long history. Download Now
The Maryland Horse Industry Board, a program within the Maryland Department of Agriculture, will present its October Touch of Class Award to Stuart S. Janney III.
Trainer Graham Motion received the Maryland Horse Industry Board's first "Touch of Class" Award, it was announced Sept. 6.
Breeders of registered Maryland-bred horses that win any maiden race at the Pimlico Race Course spring meet will receive a 14.5% "loyalty" bonus, the Maryland Horse Breeders Association announced March 8.
Statistics released by the Maryland Horse Industry Board show the equine industry in the state has assets worth about $5.6 billion, and that Thoroughbreds lead the way by population of breed.
Maryland's 2010 Equine Census will be the second of its kind, the first having been conducted in 2002. The MHIB hopes to learn how the equine industry has changed.
Bowman's Band's first foal is a chestnut filly out of the Thirty Eight Paces mare Mrs. Bellerby foaled at Shamrock Farm in Maryland and owned by farm manager Jim Steele. The filly was born on Jan. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand