Rooney family farm in Maryland has long history. Download Now
The Maryland Horse Industry Board, a program within the Maryland Department of Agriculture, will present its October Touch of Class Award to Stuart S. Janney III.
Trainer Graham Motion received the Maryland Horse Industry Board's first "Touch of Class" Award, it was announced Sept. 6.
Breeders of registered Maryland-bred horses that win any maiden race at the Pimlico Race Course spring meet will receive a 14.5% "loyalty" bonus, the Maryland Horse Breeders Association announced March 8.
Statistics released by the Maryland Horse Industry Board show the equine industry in the state has assets worth about $5.6 billion, and that Thoroughbreds lead the way by population of breed.
Maryland's 2010 Equine Census will be the second of its kind, the first having been conducted in 2002. The MHIB hopes to learn how the equine industry has changed.
Bowman's Band's first foal is a chestnut filly out of the Thirty Eight Paces mare Mrs. Bellerby foaled at Shamrock Farm in Maryland and owned by farm manager Jim Steele. The filly was born on Jan. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George