Jim Mulvihill, director of media and industry relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2015-16.
A panel at an industry gathering on Tuesday, Dec. 9, largely agreed that track publicists could use social media to fill some of the news void created as papers and other sports publications reduce racing coverage.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 24 that it has hired Jim Mulvihill as director of media and industry relations.
Jim Mulvihill, a New Orleans, La., native, has been named communications and pari-mutuel marketing manager at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which opens for live Thoroughbred racing Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal