Jim Mulvihill, director of media and industry relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2015-16.
A panel at an industry gathering on Tuesday, Dec. 9, largely agreed that track publicists could use social media to fill some of the news void created as papers and other sports publications reduce racing coverage.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 24 that it has hired Jim Mulvihill as director of media and industry relations.
Jim Mulvihill, a New Orleans, La., native, has been named communications and pari-mutuel marketing manager at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which opens for live Thoroughbred racing Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation