Jim Mulvihill, director of media and industry relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2015-16.
A panel at an industry gathering on Tuesday, Dec. 9, largely agreed that track publicists could use social media to fill some of the news void created as papers and other sports publications reduce racing coverage.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 24 that it has hired Jim Mulvihill as director of media and industry relations.
Jim Mulvihill, a New Orleans, La., native, has been named communications and pari-mutuel marketing manager at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which opens for live Thoroughbred racing Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win