Jim Mulvihill, director of media and industry relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, has been elected president of the Turf Publicists of America for 2015-16.
A panel at an industry gathering on Tuesday, Dec. 9, largely agreed that track publicists could use social media to fill some of the news void created as papers and other sports publications reduce racing coverage.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 24 that it has hired Jim Mulvihill as director of media and industry relations.
Jim Mulvihill, a New Orleans, La., native, has been named communications and pari-mutuel marketing manager at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, which opens for live Thoroughbred racing Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase