Jack's in the Deck and jockey Forest Boyce won a stretch duel with 3-5 favorite Ben's Cat for a game nose victory in the $100,000 Maryland Million Sprint at Laurel Park Oct. 17.
The Jim McKay Maryland Million has attracted 188 pre-entries to the nine stakes races on the Oct. 18 card at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Jockey Club will try a new approach to the stakes schedule at Laurel Park, which will open Sept. 19 for a 59-day fall meet.
Not Abroad and his jockey, Nick Petro, took advantage of an opening along the rail and won the $142,500 Maryland Million Classic Stakes Oct. 6 at Laurel Park.
Sweet Goodbye will attempt to become the latest female to bowl over the boys when she takes her six-for-eight lifetime record into the $200,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Sept. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win