The Jim McKay Maryland Million has attracted 188 pre-entries to the nine stakes races on the Oct. 18 card at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Jockey Club will try a new approach to the stakes schedule at Laurel Park, which will open Sept. 19 for a 59-day fall meet.
Not Abroad and his jockey, Nick Petro, took advantage of an opening along the rail and won the $142,500 Maryland Million Classic Stakes Oct. 6 at Laurel Park.
Sweet Goodbye will attempt to become the latest female to bowl over the boys when she takes her six-for-eight lifetime record into the $200,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Sept. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab