Bob Black Jack's career is over after the 6-year-old horse was injured during a sixth-place finish in the Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, trainer Jim Kasparoff confirmed Nov. 27.
Made to Love Her recorded her second win in a row, a decisive four-length victory in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes at cold and rainy Hollywood Park Nov. 20.
Bob Black Jack, sidelined since winning the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in December 2008, worked six furlongs Feb. 14 in 1:11.40 as he prepares for the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs Feb. 20.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Bob Black Jack is undergoing tests to determine the exact nature of an ailment that is expected to keep sidelined for several months.
Speed-burner Bob Black Jack makes his first appearance since the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs