Bob Black Jack's career is over after the 6-year-old horse was injured during a sixth-place finish in the Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, trainer Jim Kasparoff confirmed Nov. 27.
Made to Love Her recorded her second win in a row, a decisive four-length victory in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes at cold and rainy Hollywood Park Nov. 20.
Bob Black Jack, sidelined since winning the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in December 2008, worked six furlongs Feb. 14 in 1:11.40 as he prepares for the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs Feb. 20.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Bob Black Jack is undergoing tests to determine the exact nature of an ailment that is expected to keep sidelined for several months.
Speed-burner Bob Black Jack makes his first appearance since the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty