Bob Black Jack's career is over after the 6-year-old horse was injured during a sixth-place finish in the Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, trainer Jim Kasparoff confirmed Nov. 27.
Made to Love Her recorded her second win in a row, a decisive four-length victory in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes at cold and rainy Hollywood Park Nov. 20.
Bob Black Jack, sidelined since winning the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in December 2008, worked six furlongs Feb. 14 in 1:11.40 as he prepares for the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs Feb. 20.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Bob Black Jack is undergoing tests to determine the exact nature of an ailment that is expected to keep sidelined for several months.
Speed-burner Bob Black Jack makes his first appearance since the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory