Bob Black Jack's career is over after the 6-year-old horse was injured during a sixth-place finish in the Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, trainer Jim Kasparoff confirmed Nov. 27.
Made to Love Her recorded her second win in a row, a decisive four-length victory in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes at cold and rainy Hollywood Park Nov. 20.
Bob Black Jack, sidelined since winning the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in December 2008, worked six furlongs Feb. 14 in 1:11.40 as he prepares for the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs Feb. 20.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Bob Black Jack is undergoing tests to determine the exact nature of an ailment that is expected to keep sidelined for several months.
Speed-burner Bob Black Jack makes his first appearance since the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago