Indiana Downs, which agreed to build new barns under a deal with horsemen and the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, opened two new barns Sept. 15.
Indianapolis-based Centaur Holdings announced Feb. 20 completing the acquisition of Indiana Grand Casino and Downs in Shelbyville, Ind.
The Indiana Senate Public Policy Committee unanimously approved the bill, which would allow Hoosier Park and Indiana Downs to add table games like blackjack and roulette.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
Centaur LLC, the owner of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and saddled with significant debt and interest payments, has filed for bankruptcy.
Most Popular Stories
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage