The second "Jockeys & Jeans" fundraiser, held at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino May 30, raised $201,078 for the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Lurie will make more than one dozen appearances throughout 2015 with the first appearance this weekend at Hoosier Park beginning Friday, April 3.
Hall of Fame rider Ron Turcotte, best known as the jockey for 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat, will serve as the honorary chairman of the 2015 "Jockeys and Jeans" fundraiser set for May 30 at Indiana Grand.
Centaur Gaming Jan. 12 said it is closing its off-track betting parlor in Merrillville, Ind., not far from the Illinois and Michgan borders, because of declines in business.
Indiana Downs, which agreed to build new barns under a deal with horsemen and the Indiana Horse Racing Commission, opened two new barns Sept. 15.
Indianapolis-based Centaur Holdings announced Feb. 20 completing the acquisition of Indiana Grand Casino and Downs in Shelbyville, Ind.
The Indiana Senate Public Policy Committee unanimously approved the bill, which would allow Hoosier Park and Indiana Downs to add table games like blackjack and roulette.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
Centaur LLC, the owner of Hoosier Park Racing & Casino and saddled with significant debt and interest payments, has filed for bankruptcy.
Most Popular Stories
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms