Wildcat Red, who clearly enjoys Gulfstream Park, having won the 2014 Hutcheson Stakes and Fountain of Youth Stakes there, returns off a four-month layoff against other Florida-breds in the Sunshine Millions Sprint.
Continuing an upward progression that began this summer, Saraguaro followed his first stakes victory last month with another strong performance Nov. 7, winning the $100,000 Sunshine Millions Classic Preview by 1 1/4 lengths.
Sharp Sensation, a 16-1 outsider, denied iconic Maryland turf sprinter and favorite Ben's Cat a third win in the $300,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 1 at Parx Racing.
Claire Novak and Frank Angst handicap the competitive Empire Classic and the stacked Raven Run stakes this weekend. Will a speed horse win the Empire Classic? Download Brisnet Past Performances for the Raven Run Stakes.
Popular Ben's Cat will run in the Jim McKay Turf Sprint Stakes for the third straight time on the undercard for this year's Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) program May 17 at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016