The Laurel Park summer meet training title ended up in a tie between Tim Keefe and Hamilton Smith, but jockey Jevian Toledo easily captured the riding title.
Trevor McCarthy rode three winners June 26, closing day of the Preakness (gr. I) meet at Pimlico Race Course, to earn his second consecutive jockey title in Maryland this year.
After a lengthy inquiry, Colts Neck Stables' Awesome Speed was elevated to first place in the $100,000 Federico Tesio Stakes April 9 at Laurel Park to earn an automatic berth into the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Woody Weeks' Woodwin W preserved his undefeated record and added a stakes score May 16, winning the $100,000 James W. Murphy Stakes at Pimlico Race Course.
After three straight runner-up finishes in graded stakes races, grade II winner Miss Behaviour will try to get untracked Saturday, Sept. 20, when she's expected to face nine other 3-year-old fillies in Charles Town Oaks.
Kryskaly Horse Racing's New Yawker notched his fourth straight victory at Delaware Park June 20, and in the process lowered the track record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track by running the distance in 1:02.59.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita