Trainer Geoff Woodruff made it three in a row when he won the Gauteng Sansui Summer Cup (SAf-I) with Master Sabina Nov. 28 at Turffontein in South Africa.
The Mike Bass-trained Fly By Night won the Mercury Sprint (SAf-I) at Clairwood Park July 12, and in the process, became the second filly in a row to win Kwa-Zulu Natal's premier weight-for-age sprint.
Favored In The Fast Lane won an emotional Avontuur Estate Cape Fillies Guineas (SAf-I) at Kenilworth on the afternoon of Dec. 7.
Gauteng trainer Geoff Woodruff's runners, led by the winner Yorker and runner-up Master Sabina, dominated the Sansui Summer Cup (SAf-I) Nov. 30 at Turffontein in Johannesburg, South Africa.
A look back at the results from the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale. Watch Video
Brisk trading continued Jan. 25 in the concluding session of the two-day 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale taking place in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa.
Value buys at two-day South African auction is expected to draw yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers.
Jet Master, a four-time leading sire in South Africa according to The Jockey Club, died Nov. 14 at age 17 after suffering from side effects associated with West Nile Virus, which he contracted earlier this year.
The son of Jet Master rallied late to capture the five-furlong turf dash by a head over War Artist.
River Jetez flew down the center of the course to claim a decisive 2-1/2 length victory in the $200,000 Balanchine Stakes Sponsored by Emirates NBD (UAE-IIT) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 18.
The inaugural Cape Town Premier yearling sale in South Africa generated a gross of R87.9 million ($12,433,600 in U.S. funds) during its two-day run that ended Jan. 28, according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks