The daughter of late Yankees owner George Steinbrenner invited Doug O'Neill, Mario Gutierrez, and I'll Have Another owner Paul Reddam to each throw out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium the night before the Belmont Stakes.
There was no one on Bellamy Road (also known as the Aqueduct stretch on Saturday) except one lone traveler who cruised along in isolated splendor as if out for an afternoon joy ride. But the Wood Memorial (gr. I) was not the only big race last weekend, despite what one may think of the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Jimmy Creed to Spendthrift Australia
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 27, 2015
- Haskin: California Horses Make Big Impression
- Itsaknockout Promotes Upcoming Boxing Match